Sweet Potato Fries

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Task #1: Visit a new restaurant!

Honestly, there's really no other side dish I prefer than something made with sweet potatoes. If I have a choice between a side salad and sweet potato fries, I'm bound to choose the fries. I don't know when this love affair started but I'm fairly consistent when I go out to eat. On my list of 31 things to "not put off"I have "visit a new restaurant." So, today I went to Isabella's, a lovely restaurant on the Upper West Side, with the education director at the museum I work at. Usually we don't go out to lunch, but this was a treat for us after a grueling week of folding, labeling and mailing the museum's quarterly newsletter, and what a treat it was! When I saw sweet potato fries on the menu I knew I had to order them. I think I saw the fries before I saw that the entree was a turkey burger, which is another "go to" meal for me anyway so it worked out wonderfully. No matter how much I tried to convince myself to "be good" and get a salad, the sweet, starchy side was calling my name. Needless to say, I ate every bit of that burger and those sweet potatoes (which came with a lovely maple honey mustard dressing) and I don't feel bad about it! Besides there's plenty of Vitamin A in sweet potatoes, so that should balance out the calories. All in all, it was a great lunch out of the office and I can't wait for my next sweet potato adventure!

~Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment