May the odds be ever in your favor!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Task #2: Go see the Hunger Games

I'm not usually one to follow teen sensations and fads, but I was drawn to this bandwagon. I had heard of these books well before the movie came out, but I had never thought to read them because so many people said they were fraught with violence in a post-apocalyptic world...a far cry from my usual reading material! However, once I heard the movie was announced and the hype surrounding it, I knew I would want to read the books before seeing the film. Of course, I was not the only person with this idea, so when I went to the library there were literally 500 holds on the first book of Suzanne Collins' trilogy. Needless to say I was disappointed. Thankfully, one of my co-workers had the entire series and I read that book in under a week, it was so good! When I finally saw the movie, I was really happy with the way they portrayed the characters and the overall feel of the novel. I'm looking forward to watching the next 2 movies in this series!

~Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment