31 Days of Not Putting It Off

Sunday, April 1, 2012




Procrastination is a word I both fear and embrace. It's something that prevents me from doing the things I should be doing, but allows me to mentally check out when I simply can't continue being useful. Unfortunately procrastination is like eating a pint of ice cream: tastes great while you're eating, but afterwards you feel terrible and vow never to buy Ben & Jerry's again! This brings me to the point of this 31 day challenge. I first heard of this challenge from a lovely website called Chatting at the Sky where Emily Freeman, the author of this blog, encouraged her readers to embrace a 31 day challenge of some sort, from making a new meal every night to simply enjoying the little things. Thus, after a conversation with my dear friend Amy, I decided that we both should participate in this challenge and make it our own. We have decided that over the next 31 days, we will try to complete the tasks that we have been putting off due to that fair weather friend: procrastination. During these 31 days we will post about big and small things that we do from cleaning our rooms to updating our resume's. Also, since we've both jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon we will also attempt to actually do some of the things we pin instead of just marveling at people we think are more creative than we are. Whether we succeed or fail in our various little tasks, I know that we will grow during these 31 days and we hope, dear reader, that you will be encouraged by what we are doing and may even try a 31 day challenge yourself!

Enjoy!

~Leah and Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment